Wednesday, December 14, 2011

New Product Idea

Two posts in one day? This is unheard of. No really. It won't happen again.

Every so often I come up with new ideas. They might be apps for the iPhone, ideas about starting a new company, or product ideas. This specific idea popped into my head 10 minutes ago after leaving the gym. I haven't spent much time thinking up names but for now I have the La-Z-Boy Spin Bike.

Let's be honest, there is NO need for the spin bikes at the gym to be SO freaking uncomfortable. We don't need the 6"x3" piece of hard plastic between our legs for aerodynamics. WE AREN'T ACTUALLY FREAKING MOVING. I am not Lance Armstrong. Neither are you. This is not the Tour de France. It's a dark sweat-filled room with bikes that figuratively attack your baby maker as your muscles burn to Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night". This is beginning to sound way too similar to the upstairs of most frat houses...sans bikes.

On to comfort. Why can't they make the bikes with larger cushioned seats? I might be able to cycle for 90 minutes if that were the case. Please don't get started on the "...but they have those gel cushions that go over the seats" or "real cyclists have padded cycle shorts". Real cyclists have bikes. I have a $40/month membership to Gold's and after a tough workout I'd rather not be thinking about how I can't decide whether I'd rather have a nasty case of syphilis or the ever-worsening burning of my hot pocket every single step I take. If I can't sit down to pee tomorrow I'm quitting my job and filing a patent. CAN I GET AN AMEN?!

-Lulu Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment